Thursday, August 18, 2011

To Know You is to Love You

How long have you known God?

Your answer might begin with, "I’ve known God since..."

Perhaps your response would begin with, "I’ve known God for..."

You might even begin with, "I don’t know God at all, but..."

Let me now turn the question around.

How long has God known you?

Let’s examine what He told the prophet Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1:4-5 (NET) - The Lord said to me, "Before I formed you in your mother’s womb I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart. I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations."

This is a difficult concept for us to grasp, but it remains true nonetheless. God in his infinite wisdom knew us before we were even conceived.

Even between the moments of conception and birth, God is at work in our lives.

Psalm 139:13 (NET) - Certainly you made my mind and my heart; you wove me together in my mother’s womb.

Beyond that, He knows us intimately, according to Jesus.

Matthew 10:30 (NET) - "Even all the hairs on your head are numbered."

Regardless of your current age, God knows you better than you might think.

Psalm 139:4 (NET) - Certainly my tongue does not frame a word without you, O Lord, being thoroughly aware of it.

In other words, God knows what you are going to say even before you say it!

What about your salvation?

God not only planned for your salvation, but He planned for it long, long ago.

Ephesians 1:4 (NET) - For He chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world that we may be holy and unblemished in His sight in love.

Before God created the world, He planned you and He planned for your salvation.

You are not an accident.

You are not a product of mere chance.

You were planned by God who knew you all along.

You came into being in a remarkable way made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27)

You are known by God who knows you better than you know yourself.

Most importantly, He planned for your salvation because He knew you were incapable of saving yourself.

John 3:16-17 (NET) - For this is the way God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through Him.

I do not know how well you know God at this point in your life.

I do know a few things.

God knows you.

God knows you very well.

God loves you and planned for you to be saved.

Perhaps it is time for you to get to know God better.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
http://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings