Thursday, October 15, 2015

Amazing Grace

I was thinking about hymns and the first one that came to my mind was Amazing Grace.

This hymn has always held a special place in my heart.

The title and opening stanza say it all…

Amazing grace (how sweet the sound)

That saved a wretch like me!

I once was lost, but now am found.

Was blind, but now I see.

How true those words are.

They are just as true as when John Newton published them in 1779.

Perhaps that is why it is one of the most recognized songs in the world.

It does not matter who the artist is.

It does not matter what instruments are played.

It does not matter what language, if any, is used.

As soon as we hear it, we instantly recognize it.

It is a song that translates well into any language without loss of meaning.

I believe these things are true because of the message the song delivers.

Each of us, every man, woman and child was at one time lost.

Each of us was blind to the existence of God.

Our condition was truly wretched,

But there is saving power in Jesus Christ.

This is a gift God’s grace,

We neither earned this precious gift nor did we deserve it.

Yet, He saved us.

That is truly amazing.

Romans 3:23-24 (NET) - for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. But they are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

It’s enough to make anyone want to sing!



Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, October 23, 2015.
I’ll be back here on Friday, November 6, 2015


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings