Thursday, December 5, 2013

Blessings Abound

I have been reflecting on all the ways God has blessed me in the course of my lifetime.

Every blessing from Him I thought of, without exception, had something else in common.

God used people in His blessing.

As a child, God used my parents to bless me.

When I attended school, God used teachers to bless me.

At church, He used pastors and Sunday School teachers to bless me.

In my professional life, He used my employers and coworkers to bless me.

To develop my character, he has blessed me with wonderful role models.

To uplift me, He has blessed me with a wonderful church family

To love me, He has blessed me with loving uncles, aunts and cousins,

Then there is my favorite blessing of all.

God has blessed me with friends.

I say this is my favorite for a number of reasons.

First of which is that many of my friends I can trace back to the groups I mentioned before.

For example, I consider my coworkers my friends.

I also consider my church family my friends.

Even some of my role models became my friends and that is a very special feeling indeed,

Now, with the assistance of technology and social media, the number of friends He blesses me with continues to grow.

That makes His blessing of friends even more special.

Some I see on a regular basis.

Some I see only once in a while.

Some I will never meet face to face in this world.

Whatever the frequency, each friendship is one to treasure.

Then, there is the most special blessing of friendship of all.

John 15:13-15 (NET) – No one has greater love than this – that one lays down His life for His friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you. I no longer call you slaves, because the slave does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because I have revealed to you everything I have heard from My Father.

I would not trade this blessing for anything.

That blessing has no bounds.

Best of all, Jesus offers it to everyone.



Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings