Thursday, December 17, 2015

Call Me Wilson

The Lord has surprised me many times and in many ways this year.

The season of Advent was to be no exception.

A few weeks ago I was asked to participate in our Christmas program.

I normally work with adults so when I was offered this chance to work with our young people, I jumped at the opportunity.

The days leading up to Christmas tend to get busy enough.

Participating in the Christmas program meant I was going to get even busier.

There would be lines to learn and rehearsals to attend.

Working alongside our young people would be worth the extra effort.

I was asked to portray a wise man in the neighborhood named Wilson to whom the children would come to for wisdom and advice concerning Christmas.

At our rehearsal, I was delighted to see how many adults gave of their time to work with our youth.

Parents, grandparents and Sunday school teachers patiently helped out.

There were even some young adults who volunteered their time and talents as well.

I recalled that it was not very long ago when they were the ones on stage.

Now, they felt the Lord moving them to lend a hand in this effort.

I appeared in scenes with three groups of young people.

As we went over our lines, I recalled watching them grow up.

I also thought about how they will become outstanding adults in the years to come.

The program took place on the Sunday in Advent on which we reflect on hope.

How fitting this was.

As we gave our performance, I realized that one of the ways God provides us with hope is through young people.

Their energy and optimism is contagious.

They not only learn from us, but God can teach us through them if we remain open to the possibility.

This makes perfect sense as we are all God’s children.

When the program ended I felt a bit sad, but God knew just how to cheer me up.

As I prepared to leave, many of your young people went out of their way to tell me, “Goodbye, Wilson!”

Matthew 18:10 (NET) - See that you do not disdain one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

I wish you a blessed Christmas!


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, December 25, 2015.
I’ll be back here on Friday, January 1, 2016


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings