Thursday, December 31, 2015

His Guiding Hand

A new year is upon us.

We tend to look upon each new year as a chance at new beginnings.

We promise ourselves we will do some things which will improve the quality of our lives.

We also promise to try to improve the lives of those around us.

As this year ended, I found myself looking back upon the year that sped too quickly by.

In doing so I realized that I grew considerably as a Christian this year.

I served in ways that I could not have imagined serving a few years ago.

As I reflected on these things, I recalled some of the events that led up to them.

There was the class I attended five years ago.

There was the book I read which my pastor recommended four years ago.

There were the books I taught from for the last several years.

There were special people that entered my life and influenced it.

As I considered these things, I came to one inescapable conclusion.

God used all these things and more to help prepare me for the year that has gone by.

His guiding hand has led me to the books I have read.

His divine influence placed those special people in my life.

So when the times came for me to step outside of my comfort zone this year, God made certain that I was prepared.

In fact, He spent years preparing me for them.

As I reflected on these things, something new occurred to me.

Perhaps He has used the opportunities of the year past to prepare me for future service.

After all, nothing is impossible for God.

As we enter a new year, let us remain open to the ways God desires to utilize us.

Whatever avenues of service He leads us to, He has prepared us for them.

Psalm 143:10 (NET) - Teach me to do what pleases you, for you are my God. May your kind presence lead me into a level land.

Father, teach us to do what pleases you in the year to come.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, January 8, 2016.
I’ll be back here on Friday, January 15, 2016


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings