Thursday, September 15, 2016

Living Our Faith

I pass several churches along my commute.

From time to time I see drivers breaking traffic laws as they enter or leave their parking lots.

I realize not every driver entering or leaving those lots attends those churches, but stay with me.

Along my commute I also encounter many drivers violating the established traffic laws.

Some of these same drivers have Christian bumper stickers or decals on their cars.

Inconsistent behavior is not merely confined to the roads.

I was in the store the other day.

I was awaiting my turn in the checkout line just like everyone else.

Someone in line was complaining quite loudly about what they considered poor service.

They even spoke harshly about the cashier.

Unfortunately, the person complaining was wearing a T-shirt promoting the church they attended.

Not one of us is perfect.

That includes me.

Yet when we go to the effort to make others aware of our faith, others will watch us more closely.

Some like nothing better than to see us slip up simply to further justify their lack of faith.

Making others aware of our faith is a good thing.

We can certainly do that with tangible things like T-shirts and bumper stickers.

We also need to make certain our behavior reflects our faith as well.

Galatians 5:22-23 (NET) - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, September 23, 2016.
I’ll be back here on Friday, October 7, 2016


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings