Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Real Gem

Each of my parents came from large families.

As a result, I grew up surrounded by many uncles and aunts.

I learned so much from each of them.

Each of them helped reinforce the lessons of faith and love my parents taught me.

Each did this through his or her actions and words.

I know the many cousins I have feel the same way.

Time moved on and one by one my parents and each of my aunts and uncles completed their earthly journeys.

This continued until only one of them remained.

I find it quite remarkable that her name was Pearl as we considered her a real gem from God.

Recently, she completed her earthly journey as well.

All those many uncles and aunts I grew up with are now gone.

But the lessons in faith and love they taught endure.

In one sense, an era has ended.

In that same sense another has already begun.

Now the young look to us to reinforce lessons in faith and love.

These are lessons that we must teach with our actions as well as with our words.

We must teach them in whatever time God in his infinite wisdom sees fit to give us.

Deuteronomy 32:2 (NET) - My teaching will drop like the rain, my sayings will drip like the dew, as rain drops upon the grass, and showers upon new growth.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, October 14, 2016.
I’ll be back here on Friday, October 21, 2016


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings