Thursday, November 30, 2017

Giving Them My Best

I think everyone gets busier the closer we get to Christmas.

I certainly do.

One of the things that makes me busier is our annual Christmas Program.

The last few of these have seen me become an active participant.

There are lines to learn.

There are rehearsals.

As always, there are also the general preparations.

To be honest, I really don’t mind the extra work this creates for me.

This is certainly an opportunity for me to thank God for sending His Son into the world.

Christmas marks the beginning of Christ’s journey among us.

A journey that began in a stable,

A journey that ended at the cross.

Taking part in the Christmas Program helps drive that home for me.

I pray it does for others as well.

One of the additional benefits I receive from this is having the opportunity to work directly with our youth.

Most of the time I work with people my own age – the “not so young” people.

Of course, I do things indirectly that benefit our youth serving on various committees.

One of the things I hear quite frequently is: “These young people are our future.”

Granted, there is a fair amount of truth in that.

God has blessed me with a somewhat unique set of circumstances.

Circumstances that allow me to be perhaps a bit more objective.

These young people have a future of their own.

Some will go to college.

Some will get jobs and move to another city.

Some will become part of a new church family when they get married.

My responsibility, from a purely objective standpoint, is clear.

I need to give our young people the best I have within me spiritually.

That applies to whatever committee on which I serve.

It also applies to working directly with them in a Christmas Program.

No matter how busy I get, serving them means serving God.

Proverbs 22:6 (NET) - Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

No matter where their future takes them, I want them to have the best preparation we can provide.

That means giving them the best I can provide.

God will take care of the rest.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, December 8, 2017.
I’ll be back here on Friday, December 15, 2017


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings