Thursday, October 4, 2018

Unexpected Blessings and Love


This is not what I originally intended to post today.

I learned long ago that in such endeavors you must follow your heart.

I went to the post office today to pick up a package.

I was in for a surprise.

Along with my package, I received a thick envelope containing a card from a cousin.

The envelope also contained some old black and white photographs and a letter.

I felt a bit emotional as I looked at the photographs and read my cousin’s letter.

These photos were taken immediately after my brother’s funeral more than 60 years ago.

My brother died in infancy almost a decade before I was born.

I never met my brother in this world, but I have other photographs of him.

These photographs depicted the officiating pastor.

He once preached at the church I still attend.

It also depicted four of my cousins who served as bearers.

They were all quite young at the time.

There were also photographs of the coffin, the flowers and so forth.

I very much appreciated receiving this package and I will make certain my cousin knows this.

Many people often get uncomfortable when it comes to discussing death.

I said earlier that I felt a bit emotional.

But my emotions were not based on fear, but rather, they were based on love.

Love for my cousin who thought I should have the photographs.

Love for a brother I never got to meet in this world.

Love for my parents who did all they could for a very sick and tiny infant.

But most of all, love for the Lord.

As a Christian, I know with conviction that death is not the end.

It is merely a transition.

I also know how much the Lord loved my tiny brother.

He proved this in His ministry.

Matthew 19:14-15 (NET) - But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

As stated, I never met my brother in this world.

I am completely confident that we will meet in the next.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at http://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, October 12, 2018.
I’ll be back here on Friday, October 19, 2018


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings