Thursday, May 6, 2021

Follow Me

2 Samuel 22:19-20 (NET) - They confronted me in my day of calamity, but the Lord helped me. He brought me out into a wide open place; he delivered me because he was pleased with me.

The book of 2 Samuel discusses David’s reign.

This verse is from a song David sang to the Lord.

It is a song about how God rescued him from his enemies.

God did so when David called out to Him.

Like David, we often call out to the Lord in times of trouble.

Like David, we know the Lord will see us through the tough times.

What happens when the roles are reversed?

What happens when the Lord calls out to us?

How do we respond?

In the book of Matthew, we read about how the Lord called him.

Matthew 9:9 (NET) - As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax booth. “Follow me,” he said to him. So he got up and followed him.

Matthew was a tax collector.

He was doing his job when the Lord called out to him.

He heard the Lord say, “Follow me.”

Matthew responded to the call.

Matthew got up and followed the Lord.

This changed Matthew’s life forever.

The Lord called others to follow Him.

Like Matthew, their lives were forever changed.

The Lord still calls out to us.

He calls out to us every day.

If we listen carefully, we hear Him calling, “Follow me.”

It is comforting to know that we can call upon the Lord in times of trouble.

It can however be a little unsettling when He calls out to us.

This is especially true when that call is: “Follow me.”

Following means leaving our old lives behind,

It means our lives will never be the same again.

But following brings about something else.

In following, we are guided to a place we are meant to be.

Fortunately, we can call upon the Lord for the courage to follow.


Blessings,

Jim Pokorny

The Other Brother Jim

Look for me at https://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, May 14, 2021.

I will be back here on Friday, May 21, 2021

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings