Thursday, February 16, 2023

Mentors Are Very Special Blessings

Proverbs 27:17 (GNT) - People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron.

Anyone who obtains a mentor in life should consider themselves blessed.

Anyone who obtains two in their lifetime is truly blessed.

The first of my mentors taught me to be a professional.

He also taught me not to overcomplicate things.

No one doubted his ability to solve a complex problem.

He also had the ability to explain the problem and the solution to non-professionals clearly.

Even though I no longer work in that industry, his lessons serve me well.

My other mentor was a spiritual mentor.

Although well educated, she never talked down to anyone.

She was truly humble.

She also had a servant’s heart.

It was her guidance that led me to teach Sunday School and Bible School for adults.

And although her knowledge was vast, her actions and demeanor spoke louder than words.

So, I do indeed feel blessed that God granted me two mentors,

I feel even more blessed in that I considered each a friend.

My professional mentor passed away several years ago.

My spiritual mentor very recently.

In reflecting on them both, the passage from Proverbs immediately came to mind.

I learned from each one just as iron sharpens iron.

And as I grow older, I will consider myself even more blessed if I should mentor someone.

I miss my mentors and friends.

But although I miss them, I do not grieve in the conventional sense.

Christ’s words from the Sermon on the Mount also spring to mind.

Those who willingly and freely share of themselves do God’s will.

They obey the words of Jesus.

And they will see God.

Matthew 5:8 (GNT) - Happy are the pure in heart; they will see God!


In loving memory of H. K.


Blessings,

Jim Pokorny

The Other Brother Jim

Look for me at https://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, February 24, 2023.

I will be back here on Friday, March 3, 2023

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings