Friday, April 7, 2023

Good Friday and a Good Place

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NRSVue) - For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven:

As Good Friday approached, this verse occupied my thoughts.

Events beyond my control sent my own personal journey down a long and difficult road.

This personal journey began over two years ago.

I had no idea how long it would last, but I was certain of one important thing,

This journey was part of God’s plan for my life.

I did not know how long the journey would be.

I could not see the destination.

I hand to remind myself that God’s hand was at work,

I reminded myself that I did not journey alone.

This week, this Holy week, brought that journey to a successful conclusion.

God brought me to a good place,

That too was part of His handiwork,

Today, we acknowledge Good Friday. 

This day commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus.

But Jesus knew what awaited Him.

He knew in advance the events that were to unfold.

Jesus tried to explain this to His followers.

Luke 18:31 (NRSVue) - Then he took the twelve aside and said to them, “Look, we are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written about the Son of Man by the prophets will be accomplished.

Christ endured so very much on our behalf.

But He knew that this was all part of God’s plan for His life.

He also knew that, ultimately, God would lead Him to a far better place,

And we, sinners though we are, are the beneficiaries of God’s plan.

We are also reminded that God is an active participant in our lives.

God is not merely a casual observer.

We experience different seasons throughout our lives.

Some we can see coming.

Some take us by surprise.

Some are easy.

Some are extraordinarily difficult.

Some are short.

Some seem unbearably long.

Some have expected destinations.

Some lead us to unexpected places.

Yet each season we experience is part of God’s plan for us.

May Good Friday remind us that we do not experience these seasons alone.

Christ accompanies us on the way.

He is there to strengthen our faith and our will when we trust His guidance.

Our journey is not an accident.

It will lead us to a good place prepared in advance for us.


Blessings,

Jim Pokorny

The Other Brother Jim

Look for me at https://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, April 14, 2023.

I will be back here on Friday, April 21, 2023


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings