Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Fall Reminder

We recently had a time change and had to set our clocks back one hour.

Speaking for myself, I am not a big fan of time changes.

It always takes me a while to get accustomed to the new time.

I am not fond of the one in the Autumn because it gets dark earlier.

I particularly dislike this most recent time change for another reason.

One evening shortly after the time change, I was ascending the steps that lead from the doors of the office building where I work up to the parking lot.

I had just passed the midway point in my ascent when the outdoor light suddenly went out.

I immediately found myself climbing the steps in almost complete darkness.

Not surprisingly, I misjudged where the next step was.

I tripped and fell forward.

I was able to brace for the fall and, thanks be to God, I was uninjured.

I rolled over and sat there on the steps for a moment to catch my breath.

As I sat there, I recalled how everything was fine until I suddenly found myself in the dark.

Even though I have gone up and down these very steps hundreds of times, without the light to assist me, I fell.

I then thought about something else.

I would fall spiritually were it not for Jesus lighting my life and guiding my steps.

John 8:12 (NET) - Then Jesus spoke out again, "I am the light of the world.  The one who follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

I have no control over time changes.

I also have no control as to when an electrical light will go out.

One thing I can always count on is Jesus being the light of my life.

Because of Him, I never have to worry about walking in spiritual darkness.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
http://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings