Thursday, January 19, 2023

How Much Is Required

Philippians 4:13 (NIV) -  I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

As a rule, people dislike change.

There are times when we have a say in matters.

But there are also times we do not.

Having to start all over falls into the second category.

That is the situation in which I unexpectedly found myself.

I quickly reminded myself of several key facts.

The first was that God does not owe me anything.

The second was that I was not the first to find myself in this situation, nor would I be the last.

The third was that others were facing even greater challenges.

I also reminded myself that God would see me through this according to his timetable and not my own.

Finally, I reminded myself that I should put this time to effective use.

It was during this same time that my church acquired new equipment and new technology.

I was able to assist in troubleshooting.

I was also able to become adept in its use.

My goal was to use the technology to enhance the worship experience for others.

More importantly, I did not want it to be a distraction.

In time, I felt good about the progress that we had made.

I also sensed that it was time to move forward again in my own personal journey.

That same week, I could see the Lord’s hand at work as he opened a new door for me.

I gratefully accepted the opportunity.

In my new role, I can rely on old skills.

I must also develop new ones,

There are also new relationships to be built.

Paul was correct in his letter when he wrote about the strength we receive through Christ.

It is the strength that enables us to do things for others.

But what is expected from us is in proportion to what we have been given.

Christ explained this to His followers.

Luke 12:48b (NIV) - From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

We may not be able to choose our circumstances.

But we are always able to choose how we respond to them.

And it is Christ who enables us to make good choices even in times of difficulty.

(Dedicated in loving memory of F. T. Until we meet again.)


Blessings,

Jim Pokorny

The Other Brother Jim

Look for me at https://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, January 27, 2023.

I will be back here on Friday, February 3, 2023


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings