Thursday, September 5, 2019

Keeping Busy-ness in Perspective


It seems these days I just don’t have enough time.

True, we did have a holiday this week.

But somehow that turns into getting five days’ worth of work done in four.

Then things cropped up at home requiring my attention.

Next, my physician reminded me it was time for my annual physical.

I also have a speaking engagement at the end of the month for which I am still preparing.

Also, I am facing another deadline at the end of the year that requires prep work now.

Then, there are my other ministries (like this one) that cannot be ignored.

I am sure anyone reading this can relate to the feeling that there just isn’t enough time.

Fortunately faith, helps us cope in times that could otherwise appear overwhelming.

Perhaps that is why my “go to” verse in these times can be found in Philippians.

Philippians 4:13 (NET) - I am able to do all things through the one who strengthens me.

I know I can get through all this because I do not go through it alone.

As for health, we have a role to play in maintaining it which includes annual physicals.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NET) - Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.

Scripture also reminds me the importance of being prepared to serve my fellow man.

This applies both to my speaking engagement and other deadlines.

1 Peter 4:10 (NET) - Just as each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of the varied grace of God.

Yes, I will be able to do all things through the One who strengthens me.

We all can.

But I must set aside some quiet time along the way for God and acknowledge Him.

Psalm 46:10 (NET) - He says, “Stop your striving and recognize that I am God! I will be exalted over the nations! I will be exalted over the earth!”

Through it all, no matter how busy we get, we must keep God first in our lives.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
Look for me at https://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/ on Friday, September 13, 2019.
I’ll be back here on Friday, September 20, 2019

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings