Thursday, July 5, 2012

Heavenly Father Knows Best

Fathers have been on my mind a great deal lately.

In my country, June is when Father’s Day is celebrated.

In July, Independence Day is celebrated and we remember our Founding Fathers.

Just prior to Independence Day a well respected actor passed away who played one of the most iconic father figures in the history of television.

I have no doubt that the actor who portrayed this father was a fine man, but there is a difference between television and real life.

In real life, family crises are never resolved in half an hour with everyone smiling and laughing until the next episode.

Moreover, the problems that real fathers face today are often far more complicated than those faced in the 1950’s and 1960’s by their television counterparts.

Whenever I think of the children whose fathers  I count among my Christian friends, I thank God for blessing them with such fathers.

While no earthly father is perfect, the best earthly fathers are the ones that recognize this and also acknowledge their reliance on God.

It is evident in the way they conduct themselves.

It is also evident in the way they raise their children.

It is a responsibility that these men take very seriously.

While no one has a perfect earthly father, we all have a Heavenly Father who is perfect.

Galatians 4:6-7 (NET) -And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, who calls, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if you are a son, then you are also an heir through God."

I find that especially comforting.

Even though I am a long way from being a child...

Even though my earthly father passed away decades ago...

I still have my Heavenly Father.

My Heavenly Father loves me.

John 3:16 (NET) - For this is the way God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

My Heavenly Father never gives up on me.

Psalm 36:5 (NET) - O LORD, Your loyal love reaches to the sky, Your faithfulness to the clouds.

Even though I may disappoint Him from time to time, my Heavenly Father forgives me when I sincerely ask him for forgiveness.

Psalm 103:12 (NET) - As far as the eastern horizon is from the west, so he removes the guilt of our rebellious actions from us.

My Heavenly Father gave me the best gift any father could ever give.

Romans 6:23 (NET) - For the payoff of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

My Christian friends that are fathers, despite their imperfections, teach these truths to their children.

They, in turn, will teach them to their children.


Blessings,
Jim Pokorny
The Other Brother Jim
http://otherbrotherjim.blogspot.com/

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Because Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life

Jesus

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and Life

God Bless You

Blessings